I made these individual strawberry shortcakes this weekend to take to game night at a friend's house, and they were definitely a hit! I myself ate no less than three… don't judge.
These dessert shooter shortcakes are a perfect bridal shower recipe because they are so good, and so embarrassingly easy to make. I swear, you cannot mess these up.
Here's what you need:
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 16 oz. frozen sliced strawberries with sugar
- 1.67 oz of raspberry vodka (1 mini bottle)
- 1 can of whipped cream
- fresh strawberries (optional)
(Makes about 12)
Here's what you do:
- Dump your frozen strawberries into a bowl, and mash them around with a spoon a little to spread them out.
- Pour 1 mini bottle of vodka over them (I know there are two in the picture, but just use ONE).
- Cover your strawberries and let them sit between 1 - 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain your frozen strawberries (you can drain them over another bowl if you want to keep the strawberry-infused raspberry vodka).
- Now just cut off pieces of angel food cake, and push them down into your champagne flutes or shooter glasses. They don't have to be perfect or look pretty.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of vodka-infused strawberries on your angel food cake.
- Put another imperfect piece of angel food cake on top of that.
- Drizzle about a teaspoon of vodka-infused strawberries on top.
- Cover in whipped cream! If you're making these ahead wait until right before you're ready to serve them to do this.
- Top with a fresh strawberry *OPTIONAL*.
- Serve, and enjoy!