This weather has got me missing the fall, which thankfully is just around the corner. One of my favorite things about fall is s’mores! And if your bride has a sweet tooth this is a great activity to build your shower around. There are a few ways to incorporate s’mores into the shower that you’re throwing so feel free to add as much or as little of these treats as you want.
- Let guest roast marshmallows indoors. If you want to go big or go home you can put small sterno cans in decorative holders and light them so everyone can roast their marshmallows inside. You could have one per table or a row of them next to your s’mores bar. They’re not super attractive so you can put colored rocks around them, or pretty much anything that won’t catch on fire (that would be a bad thing).
- Get fancy with homemade and gourmet marshmallows. Your s’mores bar can obviously include the traditional marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars but people have gotten pretty crafty with their recipes lately and some of them sound amazing! You could start by making homemade marshmallows to be fancy, and even try out different flavors (raspberry, vanilla, chocolate, whatever you want). Just be careful and make sure you have your candy thermometer.
- Lose your mind with S'moreos and other insanity. Some new ways of making s’mores that I’ve seen have been to use an Oreo instead of a graham cracker – just put the chocolate and the marshmallow in there for a s’moreo. If you like peanut butter, you could use a Reece’s cup instead of plain chocolate, and I heard that these are great with Ritz crackers for a little more salt flavor.
- Don't forget the sticks. One thing to make sure of is that you have enough roasting sticks if you’re going this route. You can either do metal or wood depending on your budget. Wood is obviously going to be less expensive, and is a lot less cleanup.
- Take it easy with a dip. If you don’t want to go the way of a s’mores bar, you could have a s’mores dip in addition to your cake and other food. This takes about 10 minutes and has a beautiful presentation. Just melt your chocolate in a cast iron skillet and then top that with halved marshmallows. Stick it in a 450 degree oven to get some color on the marshmallows and serve with graham crackers for dipping!
- Give s'mores favors. Having more of a traditional shower with just a cake? No problem! Just give out the s’mores ingredients as favors for your guests. You can put them in clear plastic boxes or even cellophane and tie them with a little twine for a bit of a rustic touch.
These are all great ways to include everyone’s favorite campfire treat and make great use out of the fall weather!
Discover more amazing fall bridal shower ideas now: